The cellar is roughly 12ft by 12ft of walking space. It contains a 4,400 gallon cistern. The rest of the basement is left as the natural shale ledge the lightouse was built on. Electricity was brought to the lighthouse in 1956 and that is when the electrical breaker system was installed and the house wired. The basemnet had a small oil tank which contected to the outside 5,000 gallon one. This small oil tank was removed in July 2015 in preparation of the new electricial system coming to the lighthouse. 

© Pomham Rocks Lighthouse 2020